Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- All catering equipment orders are accepted on the terms & conditions contained herein unless these terms are varied in writing by an authorised officer of ASTONS.
- The contract to supply is between ASTONS and the private individual or Company placing the order. ASTONS reserves the right to refuse to accept the purchasers order.
- No order is valid until the Company issues a printed acknowledgement. Any changes or additions to the order or to these terms and conditions must be agreed in writing by ASTONS.
3.Prices & Payment
- All prices are valid for a period of 30 days on any quotation. Where delivery cannot be affected within this period ASTONS reserves the right to vary its prices. Prices shown on the Company website may be subject to alteration or withdrawel without notice.
- We will accept payments made by Visa, Mastercard, Delta/Connect, Switch or a cheque made payable to ASTONS . Payments made by a credit card are subject to a 3% surcharge. Goods paid for by cheque will be dispatched as soon as the cheque has cleared into our account. Goods paid for by BACS or CHAPS will be dispatched when the payment reaches our account.
- Any discount which may be agreed between us and you only be bindingon us if such an agreement is evidenced in writing and the remainder of these Terms are strictly complied with by you.
- Failure to comply with the applicable payment terms may result in the matter being passed to the Company's solicitors and in such cases the Company reserves the right to charge you a £40 surcharge in respect of the Company's administrative costs together with all legal costs and expenses incurred in connection therewith whether or not legal proceedings are issued.
- Notwithstanding that the goods have been declined and accepted by you the ownership or legal title to the goods will not pass to you until you have paid in full for the goods supplied and there are no other sums due from you to ASTONS. Until this time you will store or mark or keep the goods supplied in such a way as to make them clearly indentifiable as our property.
- Until such time as all sums due to ASTONS have been paid in full you will at ASTONS request deliver up the goods and you acknowledge that ASTONS will be entitled to enter any premises owned or occupied or controlled by you where they are situated for the purpose of recovering and reprossessing the goods.
- Whilst we will always do our best to ensure that deliveries take place within a reasonable period of time and within the time scale specified, a delay may sometimes occur which is entirely beyond our control. You are not entitled to cancel the order because of a delay in delivery unless the delay has been protracted and unreasonable.
- All goods are subject to a delivery charge and will be delivered to the address given at the time of ordering. Any change to the delivery address may result in a delay in delivery and an administration charge.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to accept delivey of the good at the agreed delivery date. If the goods cannot be delivered you may be charged a re-delivery fee.
- All deliveries are one man deliveries to ground floor level UK mainland addresses and the goods will be delivered to the outside of the delivery address only. All delivery charges are calculated on this basis. Of you have any requirements over and above this you must notify us when you place your order and a higher delivery charge may be made.
- It is your responibility to ensure that the goods will fit the delivery premises and to check the dimensions of the delivery address for access, including all doors, corridors, stairs and corners. ASTONS will not accept any responibility for any loss or damage due to inaccessibility or failure of the delivery.
- You must unpack the goods and inspect them before the delivery is completed and the driver leaves. If there is any damage to the goods or there are any missing parts or the goods supplied are not in accordance with your order you must make a note of this on the delivery note and you must also notify us immediately. You are not entitled to refuse the delivery on the grounds that part of the order is missing or is incorrect. In the absence of any comment on the delivery note will be that the goods were delivered in satisfactory condition and in accordance with your order.
- You must not use, fit or install any damaged or incorrectly supplied goods whether notified to use or not. If you do, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods and ASTONS will accept no further responsibility in relation to such goods. ASTONS will give no warranty in respect of any damage or incorrectly supplied goods which are used or installed by you.
- We strongly advise that you should not book fitters or installers to begin work until after the goods have been delivered and inspected by you.
- ASTONS cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage as a result of late or delayed delivery of the goods.
- Risk in the goods passes to you on delivery and it is your responsibility to ensure the goods from then.
- ASTONS are not under any obligation to accept returns of unwanted or unsuitable goods and will only do so in their absolute discretion. In any event returned goods will not be accepted unless they are unused and undamaged and in the original packaging. The goods must be returned complete with all parts, components, accessories and manuals. You will be charged the cost of replacing any missing items or repairing any damage.
- A collection charge will be made which will not be less than the cost of delivery of the goods. You will also be charged a restocking fee of 25% of the invoiced amount of the returned goods plus vat. Specially ordered or bespoke goods may be subject to additional charges at ASTONS discretion.This is because it is unlikely that we will be able to sell the good to another buyer at full price. Refunds will only be paid after ASTONS have inspected the returned goods and after deduction of collection and restocking charges and the cost of repairing any damage or replaceing missing items.
- ASTONS does not install its products unless specifically stated. Installation where available will be specified as an option. Buyers are advised to acquaint themselves with the manufactures requirements for the supply of water, electricity, gas/LPG, and product spacing, to ensue the goods are correctly installed, and the warranty is not invalidated. Installation should only be carried out by properly qualified pesonnel.
- Buyers who need to cancel an order must notify ASTONS as soon as possible. The buyer shall be responsible for all shipping costs on orders that have been shipped prior to cancellation, or that are refused at the time of delivery. ASTONS reserves the right to charge a restocking fee on all cancellations and/or a 10% cancellation surcharge.
- All goods supplied by ASTONS carry the manufacturers warranty, and it is the responibility of the Buyer to register the warranty and ensure that it is not invalidated in anyway.
- ASTONS accepts no liability arising from or contributed to, by the installation of products by the Buyer or the Buyer's contractors.
- All prices shown on the Company website and in it's literature are are subject to UK Value Added Tax.
- ASTONS has made every effort to ensure that the information provided on this website is accurate, but no legal responsibility is accepted for any errors, amissions or misleading statements. ASTONS is not responsible for, and cannot guarantee the accuracy of information on webstites that it does not manage. The inclusion of a hyperlink should not be taken as an endorsement by ASTONS of the website to which it points.